KLEBER tells you when to fit your chains and how to do it.
Compulsory in some ski stations, chains can be useful in very deep snow.
- When buying them, ensure that they are suited to the bodywork of your vehicle and the tyre size.
- Preferably choose chains with the maximum number of parts (links) in the contact area (chain with a diamond or ladder pattern having at least twelve crossbars for an average tyre).
- It is useful to practise putting them on and removing them in the warmth and in full daylight. This is always easier than doing it for the first time in snow, cold and/or darkness!
- Store them in the car in a place that is easily accessible, together with a pair of gloves and a torch, just in case ...
- Never drive faster than 50 kph with chains.