Understanding the markings on the tyre wall.
Take, for example, a DYNAXER HP3 205/55 R16 91V
- 205 tyre: The width of the tyre is 205 mm.
- 55: The sidewall represents 55% of the width of the tyre.
- R: This is a radial structure.
- 16: The internal diameter of the tyre is 16 inches.
- 91: This load index shows that the tyre can bear a maximum load of 615 kg. Each index corresponds with the maximum load (see table) that the tyre can bear at maximum pressure.
- V: Up to the maximum speed of 240 kph, this tyre can bear a load corresponding with its load index.