Print

The KLEBER story

2012

In 2012...

New KLEBER visual: starring the boxer!

2011

In 2011...

KLEBER celebrates its 100th birthday!

2010

In 2010...

Launch of the KLEBER Quadraxer all-seasons tyre.

2009

In 2009...

Launch of the KLEBER Dynaxer HP3 tyre.

2007

In 2007 ...

The boxer makes an official comeback in KLEBER communications.

2004-2007

In 2004-2007...

Launch of KLEBER Dynaxer HP2, Hydraxer and Transpro tyres.

2003

In 2003...

Launch of the KLEBER Protectis tyre.

1999-2000

In 1999-2000 ...

Launch of KLEBER Viaxer and Dynaxer tyres.

1994

In 1994 ...

First manufacturer homologated for the TWINGO.

1990

In 1990 ...

New logo, with a stylised tyre.

1981

In 1981 ...

Michele Mouton is runner‐up in the World Rally Championship on KLEBER tyres.

1981

In 1981 ...

Michelin becomes the majority shareholder.

1971

In 1971 ...

The BOXER becomes the mascot of the KLEBER brand.

1969

In 1969 ...

KLEBER equips the Concorde.

1960

In 1960 ...

Creation of the iconic V10 tyre (tyre with a radial carcass and a textile band).

1951

In 1951 ...

First TUBELESS tyre.
KLEBER revolutionises the tyre world by launching the first tyre with an integral inner tube.

1950

In 1950 ...

Maurice Herzog on the roof of the world!

This KLEBER employee, leading the French Himalayan Expedition, conquers Annapurna (8,078 m).

1948

In 1948 ...

Launch of the first agricultural tyre: the Tracsol.

First KLEBER publicity fleet at the Tour de France.

1945

In 1945 ...

Move to Avenue Kleber, Paris.
The name is changed to Kleber‐Colombes.

1942

In 1942 ...

The Colombes plant is bombed regularly.
Production started again in 1944.

1938

In 1938 ...

The company adopts the name of "Colombes‐Goodrich" on receipt of French investment.

1935

In 1935 ...

The brand equips the famous Chambord car with its white wall tyres.

1930

In 1930 ...

Production of the first aircraft tyre, for the POTEZ 540.

1921

In 1921...

Launch of the "Souple Corde" tyre (warp without weft).

1910

In 1910...

Establishment of the
"Société Française B.F. Goodrich" plant in Colombes, France (92).
The first tyre rolls off the production line on 8 December 1911.